Friday, March 14, 2008

Exposures - Gregory Benford

This will most definitely be my shortest blog posting yet for the simple reason that I have nothing to say. I dont understand this story for the life of me .. he's looking at pictures (I think?) of some planet that has alot of blue and red jets. He talks about his son at one point, another planet called Sagittarius A and that he'll never have final answers to his questions. As far as the meaning of this story? No idea .. I tried to look it up online but apparently noone else in the world has read it. Or they just didn't care to write anything about it .. yeah, I would assume that's what happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that anyone in class got it either! According to Dr. Jones, what's probably happening is that one of the big blue/red jets is headed towards the Earth and is going to wipe us out. And some alien intelligence from space is manipulating the telescope, and putting pictures in the main character's database that shouldn't belong there (the aliens are trying to warn him). At least, I think that's what she said. Thank goodness for Dr. Jones's explanations, otherwise we all would have been lost on this one..

Unknown said...

I agree - I never would've "gotten" it without Dr. J's explanations, so you were definitely not the only one. It made a lot more sense overall after hearing what Dr. J had to say about it.